Plumis Automist® Fire Suppression Systems
An Easy to retrofit Fire Sprinklers alternative. With 90% less water than a traditional sprinkler system and a BS8458 fire performance with no tank or mains upgrade.
All the Spray heads have massive benefits and here is just a few:
- Offers peace of mind
- Enhance architectural design and increase worth with open plan space
- Addresses specific fire risk spaces
- Helps to prevent arson
All the Spray heads are activated by a ceiling mounted heat detector. Heat detection is recommended for most applications (Approved Document B) as it effectively eliminates nuisance activation’s.
Automist® Fixed System:
Automist® is an innovative, fire protection water mist solution designed to allow open plan layouts to comply with regulations, it can create a safe escape route in an existing open plan house with no impact on rent-able space.
Automist Technology is proven to be fast acting and effective as a Fire suppression system by keeping temperatures low delaying flashovers.
Testing has shown that Automist® can extinguish small fires and greatly impedes the development of very serious fires. Most importantly, it gives occupants the incentive to escape the room of origin instead of attempting to fight the fire. Meanwhile, Automist® suppresses the fire, avoiding a flash-over and buying valuable time for the fire fighters to extinguish the fire with minimised effort and risk. Automist® uses a high-pressure pump to generate a fine water mist from nozzles mounted on a wall at light switch height.
A standard volume filling Automist installation is a discreet wall mounted spray head. It can be installed seamlessly and unobtrusively for single room fire protection of residential premises.
- Water flow – 5.6 litres per minute
- Trigger – conventional 57°C heat detector and/or optional manual call point
- Protected Area – 32 m2 area protection per pump with fire hazards up to 5m away from each spray head
- Run time – 30 mins default or configurable with a fire panel
- Installation requirements – Reliable water supply (6 lpm flow and 1 -10 bar pressure) connected with a standard BSP ¾” fitting. 230V 50Hz electrical supply on an independent circuit.
Automist® Fixed Wall Head is an LABC Registered Solution (EW171) for loft conversions. It is an innovative, fire protection solution designed to allow open plan layouts to comply with regulations.
Automist won the James Dyson Award in 2009 and was selected by the British Library as one of the top 15 inventions of the last decade in 2010.